RE: [ga] Re: Byfield on GA Reform / comments

On 02:01 10/09/02, Karl Auerbach said:
>The second proposition would be to establish a mailing list *outside* of
>the control of ICANN and the DNSO.  ICANN can't object - isn't such
>"outside" organization one of the goals of the ALAC?

Unfrotunately we have had that a time: it was named the IDNO, then it was
named the @large. The fist failed because Joop's polling booth was too
sophisticated, the second is failiong because Joanna has no polling system
at all. GA fails because Thomas has control on the polling system.

If we add all these experiences, the real issue is to develop a good motion
system that peole would enjoy using. I had the chance as a PO of the IDNO
to observe how such a system might work (a very, very simple e-mailing plus
a vote reader). But it needs automated motion support, filing and
reporting. Most of all an humble and efficient Chairmanship respecting the
voters and the rules. What I never saw a Chair able to do when confronted
to real life pressure.

So, I came to the conclusion that a Chair must be a machine - to be
neutral; timely etc. and the real Chair has just to make it work or to
control it. This is the only way to have the decorum. But it calls for a
real development.
jfc