Re: [ga] is your Internet connection secure from surveilance?

On 12:28 p.m. 9/09/2002 -0400, baptista@dot-god.com said:
>I have attached a draft PDF file addressed to Canada's privacy and
>information commissioners which outlines my concerns respecting privacy
>issues in root operations.

Joe,

With your letter to the Canadia authorities, did you not just commit a
major violation of the privacy of those trusting Dieboldt customers?
There is a major principle involved with your argument that the Romans knew
as: "Nemo auditur turpitidinem suam allegans".

I.e. how do you expect internet users  to follow your logic and *trust*
,say, Mr Pacificroot, if you have just shown them what such unaccountable
rogues can do with private individuals' data?

I'm not saying that they can trust Verisign or the USG.
I'm saying that they can only trust those who offer them a mechanism of
accountability.

--Joop