Re: [ga] REMINDER: On-topic discussion

Knock off the thread attacking and defending Jeff Williams and move on
to something topical and positive.

That should be very clear.

Tuesday, August 6, 2002, 6:39:21 PM, William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info> wrote:

WXW> Perhaps you should specify which discussion you are referring to.

WXW> Froomkin's attempt at defending the rebid effort?

WXW> The discussion about the credibility of a prolific member of this
WXW> list?

WXW> Danny's rant about people not doing things they way he thinks they
WXW> should since he knows best?

WXW> Or, since all of these discussions were borne out of the same thread
WXW> (which shows that even things that one person might think are offtopic
WXW> can lead to many other issues that are clearly on topic) do you want
WXW> ALL those discussions terminated?

WXW> I'm afraid your message here was not very clear, and could use some
WXW> clarification.

WXW> Tuesday, August 06, 2002, 3:39:50 PM, GA List Monitor wrote:

>> This is a reminder to everyone.

>> We have list rules which have been established by a vote of
>> the GA members. They state:

>> | - The messages must be relevant to the business of the GA
>> | - The messages must observe a minimum of decorum, including:
>> |   - Not indulging in personal attacks, insults or slander
>> |   - Not using offensive language
>> (Full text at http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html)

>> The DNSO General Assembly is a forum for participation in the
>> work of the DNSO. It is neither a place for in-depth discussions
>> about the credibility of members nor a place for retaliation of
>> those members. This discussion must be taken off the list
>> immediately -- it is irrelevant to the business of the GA and
>> serves only to discourage and distract from work on the many
>> domain name and ICANN issues currently on the table.

>> +---------------------------------------------------------------+
>> | If you want to discuss personal issues, do so in private      |
>> | and make sure that you do not accidentally CC to ga@dnso.org. |
>> | Members which continue to abuse the GA as a forum for their   |
>> | off-topic postings are violating our list rules.              |
>> +---------------------------------------------------------------+

>> Please do not send follow-up postings to the list. Thanks! :)

>> Best regards,
>> /// the GA List Monitor

>> --
>> This message was passed to you via the ga-full@dnso.org list.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----