Perspective for the future (was Re: [ga] Casting stones)

Dear Thomas,
actually I think the bluff of the "AmerICANN Joke" is coming to an end.
Please remember that this "AmerICANN Joke" was a quote from an European
Diplomat, member of the GAC. It expressed a very simple idea: as long as
the ICANN is no more detrimental to the European businesses than to the US
businesses we had nothing we could act upon. The same for China, or Japan.
I think the Mayor of Nagasaki told a lot today.

The situation is becoming too complex to know who is at advantage. So we
are going to see different groups of interests to start fighting each
others, new alliances - like last week - (unfortunately built upon new
ignorances). This might be an opportunity to develop some new ways of using
the Internet and probably a new Internet as well. After 20 years and a big
development this would be in order.

jfc