Re: [ga] REMINDER: On-topic discussion

Perhaps you should specify which discussion you are referring to.

Froomkin's attempt at defending the rebid effort?

The discussion about the credibility of a prolific member of this
list?

Danny's rant about people not doing things they way he thinks they
should since he knows best?

Or, since all of these discussions were borne out of the same thread
(which shows that even things that one person might think are offtopic
can lead to many other issues that are clearly on topic) do you want
ALL those discussions terminated?

I'm afraid your message here was not very clear, and could use some
clarification.

Tuesday, August 06, 2002, 3:39:50 PM, GA List Monitor wrote:

> This is a reminder to everyone.

> We have list rules which have been established by a vote of
> the GA members. They state:

> | - The messages must be relevant to the business of the GA
> | - The messages must observe a minimum of decorum, including:
> |   - Not indulging in personal attacks, insults or slander
> |   - Not using offensive language
> (Full text at http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html)

> The DNSO General Assembly is a forum for participation in the
> work of the DNSO. It is neither a place for in-depth discussions
> about the credibility of members nor a place for retaliation of
> those members. This discussion must be taken off the list
> immediately -- it is irrelevant to the business of the GA and
> serves only to discourage and distract from work on the many
> domain name and ICANN issues currently on the table.

> | If you want to discuss personal issues, do so in private      |
> | and make sure that you do not accidentally CC to ga@dnso.org. |
> | Members which continue to abuse the GA as a forum for their   |
> | off-topic postings are violating our list rules.              |

> Please do not send follow-up postings to the list. Thanks! :)

> Best regards,
> /// the GA List Monitor

Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>