[ga] Request to Establish a GA Transfers Research Group

Thomas,

The Board has called for a policy-development process that "should have a set
time period, probably no longer than 30-45 days".  I would like your
assistance in proving that this can be done.  I need not remind you that the
NC Transfers Task Force has accomplished nothing on transfers thus far in
over 240+ days (other than arriving at a plan to waste even more time with a
needless yet-to-be-released "survey").  The GA can get this work done in 45
days.  We can act to end the abuse suffered by registrants at the hands of
certain registrars.

I am asking you to set up a list dedicated to transfers (the same way that
the TF has their own list), and I am asking you to Chair the research group.
This group would ensure the opportunity for input by all interested parties,
would be engaged in pro-active outreach to all potentially impacted parties,
and would document both the input and the analysis that leads to its
"advice".  All within 45 days.

Let's prove that we can solve this problem, and then move on to attack the
next problem.

regards,
Danny Younger

The NC Transfers Task Force has accomplished nothing on transfers in the last
eight months.  I am not prepared to wait for them to piss away even more time
producing a needless survey while registrants continue to suffer.  If the NC
cannot get the job done, then it is time for the GA to step in.  I ask you,
as Chair, to take responsibility

The ICANN Board has adopted the recommendations of the ERC that call for a
policy-development process that "should have a set time period, probably no
longer than 30-45 days."

These principles and procedures should mandate outreach, ensure the
opportunity for input by all interested parties, require the development of
records that document both the input and the analysis that leads to the
recommendation, and set clear time periods for at least the production of
status reports.

Those policy-development bodies should be charged with undertaking an
appropriate process of collecting community input, evaluating that input and
developing recommendations that are either consistent with that input or
clearly explain any inconsistencies. That process could involve working
groups, task forces, public comments or some mixture of these devices,
looking toward the production of a draft report and recommendation to the
ICANN Board. This process should have a set time period, probably no longer
than 30-45 days.

Any such draft report should clearly state (1) the basis for any
recommendations, (2) the steps taken to generate community input and the
nature of that input, (3) the identity of and rationale for any dissents, and
(4) any special time considerations relevant to the recommendations
presented.

Any such draft reports should be posted for review and comment by the public
and/or any other ICANN entities for no less than thirty days, after which the
policy body should have no more than fifteen days to finalize its report and
recommendations and transmit them to the Board.

consideration of a particular policy initiative should be limited to a total
of ninety days after initiation or referral, at which time a report to the
Board would be required

* See http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0207/msg00022.html