[Fwd: [ga] Who reigns ABOVE ICANN?]

why the heck was not this posted for over 2 hours?

Eric

Self righteous indignation is bad unless it is right and you are right on here
Harold.

Here is a kick in the pants; go to www.oig.doc.gov  That would be the Office of
Investigator General for the DoC.  Funny what happens when you go there to file a
complaint. They would be the folks to monitor the DoC.  I am afraid the DoC may
be more of a mess then ICANN.

We are really lucky that the "bad guys" like the internet to work also, otherwise
it would be dead.
We are also really lucky that our Internet engineers like to make things work not
break like our BoD.

Eric

Harold Whiting wrote:

> At 03:26 PM 3/19/2002 -0800, Mike Roberts wrote:
>
> <snip>
> So let's not assume one way or the other that elements of the plan are cast
> in concrete until the Board actually proposes changes to the bylaws and
> posts them for public comment as they are required to do.
> </snip>
>
> Comment which they will likely ignore, as always.
>
> <snip>
> The direct election option is gone, regardless of our individual opinions
> of its fairness, cost, etc.
> </snip>
>
> Really?
> Not only is the election gone, but the OPTION is gone as well?
>
> Isn't this in direct violation of the contracts with the DoC?

<snip>