Re: [ga] Motion for a vote of no confidence in the Board

On 2002-03-19 12:16:39 -0500, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

>As Chair of this organization you have articulated the sentiment
>that the membership no longer has sufficient trust in the ICANN
>Board, and that we feel a need to replace a considerable number of
>directors.

This is not accurate: I have stated that _public_ distrust in ICANN
and its board has reached a climax, and I have drawn this conclusion
 from a publication by a number of individuals which generally enjoy
a high reputation, and from other observations.  I have, however,
_not_ made a statement on what "the membership" of the GA believes.

>I share your views and seek to send a clear message to the Board.
>I therefore motion that the General Assembly formally express its
>concerns through a vote of no confidence in the Board.

I do agree on the clear message part, but I do not at this point of
time agree that a (declaratory) "vote of no confidence" is the best
way to proceed.  I hope that we can find more constructive ways of
expressing ourselves.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/