Re[2]: [ga] VGRS Avoids Answers to WLS Questions

I just got done reading it myself, and agree it is an excellent
exercise in answering by not answering.

Friday, Friday, February 15, 2002, 1:04:31 PM, Harold Whiting wrote:

> Answers?  very few.

> Are we really supposed to believe that VGRS "has no knowledge of other
> businesses that will be unable to compete if WLS is implemented"?  And also
> that this "promotes innovation" by registrars?

> It seems to me that all of this "Q&A" period is just a ruse by VGRS to
> "appear" to be sensitive to comment/feedback on this.  Not once in this
> document do I find any anything but denial and dismissal by VGRS of any
> concerns raised by the constituencies.  The position of VGRS seems to be
> that it needs no approval by anyone, including ICANN for any of this with
> the exception of "price".  I find this entire document and its lack of
> substance entirely unsatisfactory.

> --HJW--

> At 03:20 PM 2/15/2002 -0500, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
>>VGRS' responses to questions received regarding the revised Wait Listing
>>Proposal have been posted at:
>>
>>       http://verisign-grs.com/wls_responses.pdf
>>
>>Chuck Gomes
>>Vice President, Policy & Compliance
>>VeriSign Global Registry Services
>>
>>--
>>This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.

> Harold Whiting

Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>
--

"There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of
the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer