Re: [ga] VGRS Answers to WLS Questions

Answers?  very few.

Are we really supposed to believe that VGRS "has no knowledge of other
businesses that will be unable to compete if WLS is implemented"?  And also
that this "promotes innovation" by registrars?

It seems to me that all of this "Q&A" period is just a ruse by VGRS to
"appear" to be sensitive to comment/feedback on this.  Not once in this
document do I find any anything but denial and dismissal by VGRS of any
concerns raised by the constituencies.  The position of VGRS seems to be
that it needs no approval by anyone, including ICANN for any of this with
the exception of "price".  I find this entire document and its lack of
substance entirely unsatisfactory.

--HJW--

At 03:20 PM 2/15/2002 -0500, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
>VGRS' responses to questions received regarding the revised Wait Listing
>Proposal have been posted at:
>
>	http://verisign-grs.com/wls_responses.pdf
>
>Chuck Gomes
>Vice President, Policy & Compliance