Re[2]: [ga] Stop it. Kent

Tuesday, Tuesday, February 05, 2002, 1:17:42 PM, Kristy McKee wrote:

> At 08:08 PM 2/5/2002 +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>>On 2002-02-05 19:24:59 +0100, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>>
>>>Although I may well understand that some people might be upset about
>>>Kent's appointment, I find that the reaction is going well over the top.
>>
>>Indeed.
>>
>>Claiming that Kent "has a habit of falsifying posts", and suggesting that
>>he may produce fake postings from Andy and Karl is, quite frankly, beyond
>>the line which separates polemics from slander. Such behaviour is _not_
>>tolerable in this General Assembly.
>>
>>Other than that, I have nothing to add to what Roberto wrote, and I'd
>>strongly suggest that this part of the discussion be stopped _immediately_.
>>--
>>Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/

> Yes, Thomas, this is rather shocking:

> Kent Crispin impersonated Jeff Williams on the monitored GA list while Kent
> was a member of the Watch Dog committee.  The post is available via the
> GA's public archive.

> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01133.html

>  From our list monitor documentation:  04/23/2001 - Kent Crispin received a
> warning from Harald Alvestrand for impersonating Jeff Williams online.

> He did not apologize to the list or Jeff Williams.

Nor should he.  He did it once, to make a point, and immediately
fessed up to it.

Of course, you fail to mention any of that, since it doesn't serve
your purpose of furthering your personal attack, which you continue to
do here after being warned by the chair and the list monitor about it.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>

"There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of
the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer
interprets the truth."
-- Jean Giradoux