Re: [ga] Re: [icann-announce] Kent Crispin Joins ICANN as Technical SystemsManager

Kristy McKee wrote:

>I suggest this will help increase the numbers of people relying on the
>Inclusive Roots for dependable service.

I like your sense of humour! ;>)

>Any email sent from ICANN.org should be scrutinized, especially if it is
>noted to be from Karl or Andy.  Kent Crispin has a habit of falsifying
>posts and is comfortable doing this publicly.  I recommend we pay special
>attention to Kent's behavior - we may watch him go to court for falsifying
>documents, etc.

UHmmmm! The original announcement was itself coming from icann.org.
Are you suggesting it might be false? ;>)

Although I may well understand that some people might be upset about Kent's
appointment, I find that the reaction is going well over the top.
Incidentally, from the technical point of view the choice is very good. In
spite of what has been alleged here, Kent has an extremely wide knowledge of
security issues, as this was one of his key fields at LLNL.
As for ICANN choosing for this job somebody that shares the basic values of
the corporation, this is just normal business practice.

Nevertheless, if I may give my personal view on the subject, it is
astonishing how ICANN invariably ends the "long international search" with
the selection of individuals with a US passport.

Best regards
Roberto