Re: [ga] DNSO/GA Blocking and other concerns

Kent and all remaining assembly members,

First of all, on behalf of myself, Bob Davis, and all the other 118
thousand members of the INEG group, I want to thank Kent Crispin for
generously allowing me the use of an email address at Songbird.  And I
want to publically apologize for all the nasty things I have said about
Kent over the past two years -- I have now met him personally, and I
can honestly say that no finer human being walks on the face of the
earth.

Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:15:53AM +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:
> > We now have elected Chairs. A change of rule that the Chair must list all
> > duly seconded motions and give the list the opportunity (72 hours?) to
> > lodge opposions, call for  amendments or for a vote would be completely
> > justified.
>
> Interesting.
>
> Motion 1: I move that the GA form a WG to examine the finances of each
> of the directors, and to recommend the removal of all directors with any
> conflicts of interest.

Second

> Motion 2: I move that the GA form a WG to examine the desirablitiy of
> turning ICANN into a for-profit corporation.

Second

> Motion 3: I move that the GA petition the NC for the immediate adoption
> of the GA as a constituency.

Second

> Motion 4: I move that control of all DNSO mailing lists be immediately
> turned over to a committee of volunteers, chaired by Kent Crispin.

Second, and I must say that the 118 million members of the INEG group
*unanimously* support this, as well.

> Motion 5: I move that the GA forward a resolution to the NC calling for
> the immediate suspension of the UDRP.

Second

> Five motions should be enough for today.  My good friend Jeff Williams
> will be seconding these momentarily.  I will be coming up with a few
> dozen more, tomorrow.

Keep up the good work, Kent :->

> I know that some of these are going to be
> unpopular, but I agree with you totally that it is vitally important
> that every one of them be taken to a full vote of the GA...

And the 14 million members of the INEG group also want to express their
gratitude to Joop Teernstra, for his brilliant suggestion that *every*
motion made and seconded *must* be voted on by the full GA.  That is
the only way we can ever possibly know what the GA thinks about these
vitally important issues.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827