Re: [ga] DNSO/GA Blocking and other concerns

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:15:53AM +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:
> We now have elected Chairs. A change of rule that the Chair must list all
> duly seconded motions and give the list the opportunity (72 hours?) to
> lodge opposions, call for  amendments or for a vote would be completely
> justified.

Interesting.

Motion 1: I move that the GA form a WG to examine the finances of each
of the directors, and to recommend the removal of all directors with any
conflicts of interest.

Motion 2: I move that the GA form a WG to examine the desirablitiy of
turning ICANN into a for-profit corporation.

Motion 3: I move that the GA petition the NC for the immediate adoption
of the GA as a constituency.

Motion 4: I move that control of all DNSO mailing lists be immediately
turned over to a committee of volunteers, chaired by Kent Crispin.

Motion 5: I move that the GA forward a resolution to the NC calling for
the immediate suspension of the UDRP.

Five motions should be enough for today.  My good friend Jeff Williams
will be seconding these momentarily.  I will be coming up with a few
dozen more, tomorrow.  I know that some of these are going to be
unpopular, but I agree with you totally that it is vitally important
that every one of them be taken to a full vote of the GA...

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be