[ga] Jumping Up Every Five Minutes

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:01:33 -0500, Ross Wm. Rader wrote:

> I'm, quite frankly, tired of the rhetoric and tired of the interruptions.
> The Anglican Church doesn't hold recruiting drives at the local Mosque
> during worship. If the alt.root crowd wants to recruit followers, they can
> do so in much more appropriate venues without jumping up every five minutes
> and interrupting our "meeting".

Hi Ross

Truly you are overstating the case by saying "jumping up every five minutes"
in relation to John Palmer.  His posts are very infrequent.  Nor do they
always relate to Alt Roots.

In the last six months, from 1 August 2001 to 31 January 2002, John Palmer,
has made six posts.  That's an average of one a month.  Two of these were on
the same day viz 31st January 2002.

Another two of the six were so brief as to be almost non-existent.  One said,
and I quote:

> "I second that motion"

Admittedly John made seven posts last July 2001 but, as I remember, that was a
topic of interest at the time.  And it was a long time ago, in internet terms.

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:38:16 -0500, Ross Wm. Rader wrote:

> Part of the drag on the
> efficiency of this assembly comes from a reluctance to direct the
> proceedings. Accordingly, special interests are continually walking up to
> the podium, taking off their clothes and saying "look at me!".

I'd hardly say a dozen or so posts a year was excessive.  By way of
comparison, the archives show that there has been 822 posts this month alone.
Annualised that makes about 10,000 posts.

In fact, most of the Alt Root people (Joe Baptista, Leah Gallegos, Roeland
Meyer, Bradley Thornton, John Palmer, Marc Schneiders, Karl Peters, Adam Todd,
Bruce James, Marc Brittan, Richard Sexton and myself) either do not post to
the GA mailing list these days and, if they ever do, do not talk about Alt
Roots.

So Don's point is really quite valid.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss