Re: [ga] do we need a mezzanine consensus level?

Joop and all assembly members,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> I posed this question for discussion on ga-icann
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-icann/Arc00/msg00143.html on sept 13 and
> so far there has not been a single comment, in spite of my cc to the NC
> chair and  members of the review task force.
>
> What is the review task force doing?

  Twiddling their thumbs perhaps?

> Mike Roberts on Icann-europe:
>
> >When civilization takes a step backward, as it did last week, it usually
> >means a period in which the people with the guns make the
> >decisions.  Anyone watching the American President on tv in recent days
> >knows that's where we're at.  It may be a while before the luxury of
> >debating what constitutes consensus in a terrorist-less society returns.
> >
> >If you were thinking about contributing to an ICANN ALSO, send it to the
> >Red Cross instead.
>
> Is the ICANN process over??

  No of course not Joop.  The ALSO or ALSC process in Mikes mind
is over.  But in his mind, it was over the from the beginning...

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827