Re: [ga] Motion Accepted

Patrick Corliss writes:
 > On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 01:33:50 EDT, Danny Younger wrote:
 >
 > > I have no objection to accepting the motion that you have proposed.
 > > At some point our Secretariat will advise when it is ready to once more
 > > support the activities of the General Assembly.  Perhaps we might be
 > > able to conclude a vote on this motion by early October (according to
 > > the most recent timetable put forth).  In the meantime, you may wish to
 > > get a "sense of the GA" on this topic through a poll.
 >
 > Thank you for your support and your comments.  By my count, there are
 > 18 declared supporters for the present proposal:

This is a complete farce.  According to the DNSO web site, there are
currently 336 names in the voting registry of the DNSO.  There is
absolutely no way that you can count 18 as a consensus.  I call it a
coup d'etat.

The only proper place for official discussion of the rules by which the
ga list operates is on the ga list.  All other lists are unofficial and
informal until such time as an actual vote of the ga takes place.

/Joe