[ga] Re: [private] Asking, nay Begging, for Support

The following motion makes sense to me.
I apologize for not being able to follow this debate
closely. But it does seem necessary to channel
discussion and to take full advantage of the sublists.
--Milton Mueller

—-------
(1)    The [ga] mailing list is reserved for substantive issues relating to
DNS policy.  All debate relating to rules, lists, protocols, procedures,
etc. is to be conducted on the [ga-rules] mailing list   Subscribers to
[ga-rules] may, by consensus or other prescribed procedures, refer issues
to the full General Assembly for a determinative ballot.

(2)    The list rules are amended to include the exact wording of (1) above.

Note:  For the purposes of this motion, the term "prescribed procedures"
refers to procedures which have been adopted by the General Assembly.

As Alternate Chair I submit this motion to you, as Chair, for your
consideration.  As I understand the current procedures, the Chair is
required to accept or reject the motion.

I also understand that the DNSO Secretariat may not have the resources
immediately available to conduct the vote.  Should this be the case, I
would appreciate your personal acceptance of the proposed policy.

Best regards
Patrick