Re: [ga] Motion Accepted

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 01:33:50 EDT, Danny Younger wrote:

> I have no objection to accepting the motion that you have proposed.
> At some point our Secretariat will advise when it is ready to once more
> support the activities of the General Assembly.  Perhaps we might be
> able to conclude a vote on this motion by early October (according to
> the most recent timetable put forth).  In the meantime, you may wish to
> get a "sense of the GA" on this topic through a poll.

Thank you for your support and your comments.  By my count, there are
18 declared supporters for the present proposal:

*    Peter de Blanc
*    Roeland Meyer
*    Leah Gallegos
*    Jefsey Morfin
*    Ken Stubbs
*    William S. Lovell
*    Marilyn Cade
*    Ross Wm. Rader (for Tucows)
*    Bradley Thornton
*    Alexander Svensson
*    Michael McNulty
*    Joop Teernstra
*    Erica Roberts
*    Marc Schneiders
*    Vany Martinez
*    John C. Lewis
*    Derek Conant (with reservations)
*    Patrick Corliss (myself)

I believe that we have sufficient mandate to request members to use the
[ga-rules] mailing list to debate procedural or other administrative issues
like websites, mailing lists, etc.

> To facilitate that effort, and in response to the recommendation put forth
> by Bill Lovell to create our own website, I have begun building such a
> site (with an area devoted to current motions).  You may visit
> http://www.icannworld.org to see the results of my efforts over the
> course of this weekend.

I would, of course, thank both Bill Lovell and yourself, as well as Joanna
Lane, for your kind efforts.

One wonders why we cannot incorporate these initiatives into the current
DNSO website.  I see this as an issue that needs to be discussed on the
[ga-rules] mailing list.

> Clicking on the General Assembly Link will take you to the page that
> leads you to the Straw Poll.

Thank you.  At least we start with the 18 names above (19 if we include
yourself) in favour of discussing non-substantive issues on the [ga-rules]
mailing list.

I see that as sufficient mandate to encourage compliance with this motion.

> Best regards,
> Danny

Best wishes
Patrick Corliss