Re: [ga] How to paralyze the General Assembly

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:37:36 -0700, William S. Lovell wrote:
Subject: [ga] How to paralyze the General Assembly

> Rather than reply to the latest from Joe Kelsey, I thought I'd
> outline what's involved here:
>
> 1. Set up a system where ICANN schedules annual elections.
> 2. Set up a system in which there is a Names Council that is
>     charged with assisting the General Assembly in various tasks.
> 3. Give to the Names Council the responsibility for administering
>     the General Assembly mailing lists.
> 4. Give to the Names Council the responsibility for conducting
>     General Assembly votes.
> 5. Fail to hold annual elections because there is no money for them.
> 6. Fail to establish mailing lists as requested by the Chair and/or the
>     Alternate Chair of the General Assembly.
> 7. Fail to conduct elections as requested by the General Assembly.
> 8. Convince enough members of the General Assembly that it
>     cannot do anything that has any "official" status without there
>     being an "official" mailing list or an "official" election, under
>     the control of the Names Council.
>
> The General Assembly thereby becomes paralyzed.

Hi Bill

Now you're getting the idea !!  Thank you for elucidating my views so
clearly.  You can add:

9. Fail to fund either the Chair or the Alternate Chair to attend ICANN
conferences so they might conduct face-to-face meetings of the General
Assembly.

Regards
Patrick Corliss