Re: [ga] Nomination Process

At 21:48 10/06/01 +1200, DPF wrote:
>On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:07:40 +1200, Joop wrote:
> >At 15:20 10/06/01 +1200, DPF wrote:
> >
> >>c) What if you hold a third or fourth level name - should that be
> >>eligible?
> >
> >Yes, if it is the first level where Individual registration is permitted.
>
>I should have made this clearer - I meant if at a lower level than
>possible ie third level in a gTLD.
>
>As an example would we allow the holder of farrar.com.au to be a
>member but not of farrar.au.com?

It does not make much sense to be very strict about this. We are a
constituency of individuals. People. If you would have only farrar.au.com
(a subdomain) and nothing else, (out of some principle?) I would still
favour admission as a member. Even if such a Domain would be free.
Same for a DN holder who just lost his Domain to a hijacker.

Constituency members will pay membership fees to support their
constituency.  It will be hard enough to get paid-up members. Why exclude
people who do not represent contrary interests?  The more the merrier. I
would only foresee problems if the interests of sub-domain holders would
start to diverge sharply from holders of normal SLDs' . For now, I see this
as a little far-fetched.

--Joop--
Founder of the Cyberspace Association.
Former bootstrap of the IDNO (www.idno.org)