From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org] On Behalf Of
Cade,Marilyn S - LGA
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2001 1:48 PM
To: 'William S. Lovell'
Cc: ga@DNSO.org
Subject: RE: [ga] 305 Voters

I've been thinking that some of what "we" want to talk about really
doesn't belong at ICANN at all, but that there a lots of interesting,
bright, and involved people who are interested in ICANN, but really want
to also debate, or socialize ideas bout non-ICANN areas.... digital
divide; privacy on the net in general, security of
applications/communications, etc.

I think, like William, that there may be some models which we could look
at. I am not holding up any examples, since I am searching. Your ASCAP
and BMI examples are interesting ones. Some might suggest ISOC; others
might suggest some of the other more technically oriented ... groups...
but the point is that we should see if we can learn from any of them ,
and from the other SOs about what might work...

Thanks, William, I enjoyed reading your post, and it made me think
more...

Marilyn