[ga] moderation and voting

On 04:34 18/04/01 +0000, david@farrar.com said:

>I make no comment about the content of Mr Walsh's posts as this ruling did
not
>judge them.  He has been suspended only for breaching the posting limit.

I suspect that the weight of complaints sent to ga-abuse has an impact on
decisions taken by the moderator. Problem is that this lacks transparency.
IMHO, it would be better if suspensions and their duration depended on an
anonymous  vote of the list participants.
<snip>

>Deciding whether a post is abusive or not is always going to be a subjective
>judgement of some sort.

That 's why it would be best if each listmember can make that subjective
judgement for him/herself.

--joop

The Polling Booth
http://www.democracy.org.nz/vote1/