Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of William Walsh for mass postings

Dear DPF,
I am sorry to turn you wrong.

My mail system was so much loaded that I scrapped a lot of junk
yesterday, so I cannot document precisely my own postings.

But I certainly crossed the 425 days old Roberto's suggestion yesterday
and the day before and probably the days before that.

Anyway I do not subscribe to the filtered list and I will continue receiving
everyone's post. I certaily support the bold approach of the new Chair,
but I think with him urgent to give it a revived appropriate frame. I hope
WXW is not barred from the sub-ML the Chair proposed ... I must say
I lost track of the URL.

But, dear WXW; you woul really help all of us in staying the nice and
sound list partner you also know to be.

Since WXW refered to the IDNO list management, I must say that I was
very confortable with two simple rules which existed there (and that WXW
used at his own advantage too). They might be translated in here as
follows:

1. a tool to be designed to automate the decision process.
     - a motion can be entered by anyone
     - if seconded by two persons and not objected within 72 hours it is
       adopted
     - otherwise it is subject to a vote. Result at the end of a week.
     - an amendment mechanism possible

2. a tool to be designed for complaint process:(so the process is
     transparent)
     - complaints can be filled by anyone but publicly
     - they must be seconded by 10 people
     - the concerned person may have a link to a position page
     - the decision is taken by a panel of 10 elected (not selected)
       people

The advantage of these is to automate processes removing the
burden from the Chair, making things transparent and equal for all,
and - I feel - quite fair.

I would like to propose a third improvement to our discussions to
decrease the load and really work towards consensus. This is my
"position link" proposition.

- for each topic we want to discuss : a site and a sub-ML
- on the site: links to pages by those who want one
- throiugh these links people may document and update their
   positions
   - a new commer may understand the working positions quick
   - occasional contributors may share/help a lot with precise
     and matter of fact postings
   - this is self filtering: perturbators have usually no doctrine
   - the links de facto document the competence of participants,
     and act as competence filters witout anyone being hurt
- the target is to reduce progressively the differences between
   position links, topic by topic, until consensa may be found.
   Nothing personal is involved : the positions are personal so
   everyone knows the positions and 'bias' of each link and try
   to reduce them in negotiating words and in deepening meanings.
   Those who do not want to move nor to explain why are
   putting themselves out. The Chair may remove the non
   supported links upon proposition of the positionneers.

Cheers...

Jefsey