Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of William Walsh for mass postings

> The list monitor finds reasonable proof that William Walsh
> <william@userfriendly.com> has sent 13 postings to the GA list dated April
> 17, 12 postings dated April 15, and 10 postings dated April 13.
>
> He has been previously warned that this posting rate is not consistent with
> previously announced daily posting limits for the GA list.
>
> His posting privilleges are therefore suspended for 2 weeks, ending on May
> 2, 2001.

I make no comment about the content of Mr Walsh's posts as this ruling did not
judge them.  He has been suspended only for breaching the posting limit.

Having perused the archives for this period I find the following have also
breached the 5 posts per day limit.

Chris Ambler - breached on 12, 14, 15 April
Bradley Thorton - breached (by double) on 15 April
Patrick Corliss - breached by double on 14 and 16 April
Roeland Meyer - breached on 11, 12, 13, 15 and 17 April
Dave Crocker - breached on 13 and 14 April
Kent Crispin - breached on 17 April

I am in no way asking for these people to be "disciplined" also.  I merely
suggest that the decision to suspend Mr Walsh on *the grounds stated* be
revisited as it seems on the published grounds, there are another half dozen or
more people who have done much the same.

Deciding whether a post is abusive or not is always going to be a subjective
judgement of some sort.  However applying a posting limit should IMO be done
far more objectively.

DPF