RE: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of William Walsh for mass postings

We all agreed, at the time, for the rate of 5 postings per 24-hour period.
The question of start-stop time gateways is irrelevent to rate measurement.
Velocity is  ... velocity and intervals are intervals. Anything else is
dicing frog fur...a useless excersize. Note that I am past midnight, local
time, yet I am probably in violation of the rate limit. Although, I have no
idea about how far.

I also noted, and apologized, last Sunday, for my probable infraction. I
also apologize for this one. Also for Monday, I really wasn't aware of my
volume. This brings another point home to me, due to other issues, not
related to anything ICANN, I need to reduce my participation in these
festivities substantially.

These messages take time and thought to write properly. I really don't have
it. I'm still composing a nasty-gram to my new (clueless) upstream provider
(SpeakEasy.NET) who can't seem to get reverse IP entries into their
IN-ADDR.ARPA records (RFC2317). That task's been on my desk for a week now.
The folks, on NANOG, will probably welcome my absence as well. There are
serious issues regarding CIDR, BGP4 /19 prefix filtering, and multi-homing
that they really need to answer. Actually it's an ICANN/ASO issue, but I
have no input there. ICANN really should be looking into a serious problem
there (moreso than DNS) because I really think that it is a policy issue.
[how many here know that over 100,000 businesses have ben cut off the
Internet in the past 90-days, due to DSL provider business failures? and
with Rythyms filing ch11, last week, (another 100,000 in the cold?) the only
player left is Covad Communications? Compared to that ... names are
>nothing<.]

I just spent 45 minutes, on this message, when I really should be trying to
get a few Oracle databases up (without correct ARPA records) and setting up
my Inprise Application Server (EJB) whilst trying to figure out why my
JDataStore has licensing problems (after I set both the license s/n and key
properly), debug a few JSP pages, and generally get Java in the house
(whilst getting DreamWeaver to cooperate with Jbuilder4).

Let's just say that I'm a tad busy, if Sotiris wants to push for my
suspension then let it happen. I could use the time elsewhere.

Again, I apologize for exceeding the rate limit. I assure you, I wont do it
again.