Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of William Walsh for mass postings

Good morning.

William X. Walsh wrote:

>The so called "previous announced daily posting limits" was from a
>post over 14 months old which did not in fact state that the posting
>limits were in effect, but asked the list administrator to find a way
>to enforce such limits.  And even if this message is taken as placing
>the limit, to infer that it is still in effect today, after 14 months,
>including EXTENDED periods of nearly no activity on this list during
>that time, is absolutely a meritless justification, and is merely
>being used a convenient excuse to quiet criticism.

It was not the only message about posting limits.
Just check for reference the last one:

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc06/msg01683.html

where the List Monitor explicitely waived the 5-post-limit *for the
candidates to GA Chair* and *during the election week*.
Why would there be any need for waiving a limit, if the limit did not exist?

Anyway, the matter can be easily solved, we can ask DNSO Secretariat to
issue an automatic reminder of the rules periodically (monthly? weekly?
daily? evey hour? how long will a rule last if it is not reminded? - I'm
sure most will understand the point).

On the subject on whether other people should be judged by the same rule, my
unauthoritative opinion is "Yes, either nobody or all".
If I may further chime, given the current emergency circumstances, I would
rather sanction everybody who failed to comply rather than nobody. But
that's just my opinion.

Anyway, the List Monitor said that other decisions are on the pipe.

On the subject of the time window, the List Monitor has clarified this
already: the window applied is 00:00 to 23:59, local time of the poster as
appears from the time stamp.

Regards
Roberto