Re: [ga] Individual domain name holders and the DNSO

At 10:20 AM 9/13/00 +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>At 19:35 11/09/00 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
> >At 08:58 PM 9/11/00 +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:
> >>Mr Crocker' s sarcastic implication that we should have bowed and scraped
> >>more, is... disturbing.
> >
> >If I had said anything remotely related to your assessment, I'd agree with
>***********Here's your text
>such constructive presumptions and language have, no doubt, contributed
>greatly to IDNO's success.
>
>Sarcasm , misunderstood as it can be, always gives you an opportunity to
>backpedal.

An interesting assessment of sarcasm as a speech act.  Not familiar with
that feature of its use, nor with the basis for your belief.

Alas, the form of the speech act was not my question, but rather its nature
and intent.

Nothing in what you quoted in any way pertains to bowing or scraping.  It
is, of course, always significant when one reads such meaning into
statements lacking the language and intent.

>You and Mr Crispin often make it sound as if you have an inside channel to
>the Board.

The word for that assessment is "paranoiac".  I have no such inside track
and have made so statements indicating one.  Again, the assessment is
therefore a matter of your own creativity.

d/