Re: [ga] Individual domain name holders and the DNSO

At 22:59 10/09/2000 -0400, James Love wrote:
>Clearly the DNSO policies affect all domain name holders, not just those
>in the business, IPC or NCC constituency.  It seems incredibly bad form
>to create something like the DNSO with "stakeholder" constituencies, and
>then never create any place for ordinary citizens or Internet users to
>have a voice.   It sends a signal that the DNSO doesn't represent the
>little guy, at all.

The DNSO policies affect all Internet users, whether they currently hold a
domain name or not.
Individual domain name holders (of which I am one) are a special interest
group - albeit a quite numerous one.

The only DNSO body which allows all Internet users access is the GA.