Re: [ga] new constituencies

At 11:21 19/08/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Peter,
>
>In my opinion, the consumer/end users are better represented in the
>AtLarge, but I will raise nevertheless the subject in the DNSO Review
>task force.

Peter and Roberto,

Please let us not confuse the consumer/end user with a Domain Name Holder
who has a clear and personal stake in the DNS and should be represented in
the DNSO NC.
I agree with Roberto that the pure consumer should be represented by 9 At
Large directors. Let us see if that will happen.

>FYI, there is the concrete possibility to build a more permanent forum
>for AtLarge members, that will remain also after the elections.
>This is a primary need (see my comments in Yokohama on the subject), and
> we have to work on it.

There should be such a central, official and archived  forum. A number of
private-initiative AL fora have of course already sprung up, highlighting
what ICANN could have done.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org