Re: Re[3]: [ga] Elections

At 10:32 18/08/00 +0200, you wrote:

>For a vote, I need a motion and a second.
>But more important, I need to have a debate on the issue going on, to
>make sure that people are interested.

Roberto,

If you check the archives, you will find that the motion was already
seconded on the list, while we were in Yokohama.
(by Wawa Ngenge)

>Who wants to get the ball rolling and start proposing a text to debate?

If any further debate is needed, then obviously the text of the motion
should be debated.
Do you still have it handy?

>We can give ourselves a couple of weeks, and if there's enough interest,
> go to a formal motion andvote.

The debate on the merits of a constituency for individual DN holders
on-line has been on-going for the last two years, whenever it was not
sidetracked.
 Roberto, we are talking about a formality-vote here.

The list GA either endorses or does not endorse what the physical GA voted
for in Yokohama.

The procedure can be just as informal as raising hands was in Yokohama.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org