[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ga] electoral fraud by the ga chair
At 03:12 29.01.00 -0500, !Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:
> Roberto and Harald, why did you
>choose this method.
This has been discussed before. To reiterate:
- The choice of a poll rather than a vote was made because the GA does not
have a defined membership.
- The choice of an open poll rather than a closed poll was made for 2 reasons:
- So as not to disenfranchise anyone who was not on a specific list, but
still wanted to give his opinion
- To get an idea of whether anyone would use false identities to
influence the result of the poll.
The poll result gave 4 answers:
- The number of people who cared to respond is low
- Among those who responded, opinion is pretty evenly divided
- Joe Baptista used the fact that the poll was open to vote multiple
times, but claims that his votes did not influence the result.
- No other behaviour that gave reason for suspicion of fraud was detected.
I will stop repeating myself on this issue now.
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway