Re: [ga] Membership roll versus discussion lists

At 02:41 26.01.00 -0800, Jeff Williams wrote:
>Harald and all,
>
>   You really didn't answer Eric's question here Harald.  Is the
>"DNSO Membership" in your opinion to be an open or closed
>organization?

I was trying to reply to him that this question isn't straightforward to
answer.
I think the DNSO GA membership should be as open as possible; however, this
does not mean that there are no procedures or criteria for joining.

>  I would add the this question the following question:
>Is the "DNSO Membership" Criterion to be decided by the
>DNSO "General Assembly/DNSO GA list members"?

It would certainly make sense to find a suggested ruleset that the majority
of the GA could approve of.

                      Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no