Re: [ga] Membership roll versus discussion lists

Harald and all,

  You really didn't answer Eric's question here Harald.  Is the
"DNSO Membership" in your opinion to be an open or closed
organization?  I would add the this question the following question:
Is the "DNSO Membership" Criterion to be decided by the
DNSO "General Assembly/DNSO GA list members"?

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> At 21:37 25.01.00 -0600, Eric Weisberg wrote:
>
> >Do you propose an open membership (self-selection, no membership criteria) for
> >the voting list?
>
> Not "no membership criteria".
>
> I think membership should be individual, so one person should only be able
> to join once.
>
> There may be other criteria, such as ability to send and receive email.
>
> So the simplistic "no membership criteria" is, IMHO, a non-starter.
>
>                                 Harald
>
> --
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
> Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894