Re: Re: [ga] Message from the Chair

Eric Weisberg wrote:

>Jumping to the next issue you mention, however, I do agree with those
who
>suggest that the list be the assembly.  I think this is where the
discussion
>and voting should occur.  Holding our meetings in physical space
results in too
>significant a disenfranchisement of those not funded for perpetual
world
>travel.  I hope the list rules are a step toward implementing on-line
meetings.

Eric,
Point of clarification:

I don't think anybody is speaking of concentrating on physical meetings:
 obviously, the discussion shall be conducted mostly online, and yes,
indeed, the intention of introducing the list rules is exactly to allow
online discussion to happen in better conditions. Whether we will
succeed or not, we will see shortly.

Second point of clarification:
I believe (and I let it to the debate) that the mailing list should be
separated from the membership list, because they serve two separate
purposes: the former is the site of the cyberdiscussion, the latter the
site of the cybervoting.

I maintain my point that people that have enough interest to participate
 in the GA as members (whatever thet will be in the future) should not
have as "membership fee" ;>) the obligation of subscribing to the GA
list, but can easily participate in Constituencies and/or working groups
, and read the GA list archives.

Regards
Roberto