Re: [ga] Message from the Chair - Thank you Randy! and followup...

Randy and all,

  I thank you for you vote of support.  I don't however think that removing
yourself or anyone else doing so is a reasonable method of protest or
adequately addresses the problem.  The Internet is very flexible, we
can route around nearly any improperly imposed "Rules" that would limit
free speech and circumvent the US Constitution, as there are also legal
methods of redress as well in this situation.

Randy Canis wrote:

> William and everyone else,
>
> I am not arguing that their shouldn't be rules.  I can and am willing to operate within jointly decided rules.  I am arguing and objecting to "the rules" --how they are to "govern" us,  how they are currently be implemented, and how they will might interpreted.  I think you've missed the ball William.
>
> Based on my readings of this list, I think there are people on the list whose mission is to pass rules so that the list can be selectively censored (without fair and valid rules of behavior in place), most likely against Jeff Williams and Joe Baptista.  This is wrong.  Both have spent countless hours participating in this list.  People like Elen, Karl, and myself are not going to stand for unjustified and unfair censorship.
>
> So, I too will join Karl in removing myself from this discussion if we can't get a meaningful discussion going on a sole unmoderated list.
>
> Randy Canis

>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                !
>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                !

Jeffrey A. Williams