Re: [ga] Final draft of proposed mailing list rules

Mikki Barry and all DNSO'ers,

  I also find myself in agreement with Ellen Rony in all respects of her
comments as well.  I would add a few other reasons that I voted against
the proposed "Final Draft" of Haralds Mailing list rules.  As follows:

1.  There is not other alternative set of rules currently on the table and
     from my reading of the posts to this list no call for alternatives was
     or has been made.  This leaves the General Assembly with not
      alternatives.

2.  The motivation incorporated in Haralds proposal for list rules seems
      to be more politically motivated that one of necessity.

3.  Filtering by anyone on this list can be self achieved by several methods
     available to each participant.

Mikki Barry wrote:

> I agree with Ellen completely.  Given that this process has had plenty of
> decisions regarding whose opinions are of value, and who is an 'arrogant
> juvenille' I am not comfortable with people making decisions regarding
> whose voices are the "official" archive and which are "filter fodder."
>
> I am also very concerned at the proclamation that "the ga is not a decision
> making body."  As in many parts of this process, many of us thought we were
> getting something besides a rubber stamp for the names council.
> Unfortunately, the manipulations that have already occurred to the process
> have laid the groundwork for complete distrust in any mechanism by which
> individuals can choose to silence others, regardless of how annoying they
> are.

James Touton
Legal advisory committee member
INEGroup