Example of order (Re: [ga] Blockage/delay of postings)

At 06:32 06.01.00 -0500, Joe Baptista wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>
> > Is this an unsubscribe notice?
> > The list has been filtered according to various criteria, including the
> "no
> > crossposting" rule and the "subscribers only" rule, as well as more
> > specific rules, for a LONG time.
>
>As Jeff Williams pointed out earlier - that's nonsence.  The filtering
>criteria is a group of people in the shadows and I'm waiting for the rest
>of your report to me.

You have my report.

>   So can we get on with it and spend less time trying
>to justify the mistakes of the pirates who run icann and the dnso.  Don't
>drop the ball harald.

Note: Under Robert's rules of order, the use of the word "pirates", being a
characterization of a person or group of persons, and not of an action on
the floor or a consequence thereof, is not within decorum.

It is therefore within the rules to ask you to apologize for using it in
this debate, if you claim to be willing to follow Robert's Rules of Order.
If you don't apologize, a motion to have you censured, punished or expelled
would be in order in a parliamentary body following Robert's Rules of Order.

Do we have your apology?

                       Harald A
Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no