Re: [ga] Blockage/delay of postings

Harald wrote:

>Therefore, the crossposting filter works by stopping messages that
contain
>addresses known to be mailing lists that have been crossposted to in
the past.

>No other way to enforce it, and it has to be enforced, since the
posters do
>not respect the rule.

Personally, as somebody that has unsubscribed from some lists that have
produced a high quantity of postings, but little (for me) added value, I
 am very happy that, thanks to the no x-post rule, I am no longer
receiving that huge quantity of mail.

>>Try your best to tell the truth - stop pulling the line on this.  This

>>cross posting rule is nothing but dnsp -nc nonsense - son't soil
yourslef
>>with it Harald.
>
>No comment on above.

I do have one.
Enforcing the rule reduces the multiplication of messages to receivers
that are not interested - if they were, they could subscribe to the
individual lists.
This is the rationale for *having* the rule.

So far, I did not see any rationale for *dropping* the rule.

Regards
Roberto