RE: [ga] THIS FRIDAY end the nomination's time...

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 R.Gaetano@iaea.org wrote:

> As Mark Langston already rightfully pointed out, there are only two
> nominees, where I was expecting many more.

I believe that there is a fairly widespread belief among many of us that
have attempted to participate in good faith for the past several years
in these matters that the "fix is in." That conviction grows stronger with
each passing day.

Consider for a moment that all the constituencies are supposed to be
"self-organizing," yet we have had an unelected ICANN board refuse to
recognize a single constituency to represent individuals. The one
constituency that may even in the most abstract sense represent
individuals, the GA, far from being allowed to "self-organize", is having
the chair of their constituency chosen for them by all the other
business-dominated constituencies.

Given all that has occured, why would you be suprised that there were so
few nominations?

Patrick