RE: [ga] THIS FRIDAY end the nomination's time...

Mark Langston wrote:

> For the record, I submitted a nomination yesterday
> (12/1/1999) at around
> 1000 PST (1800UTC).  To the best of my knowledge, it has
> still not shown
> up on the page.

Incidentally, looking at
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-nominations/Archives/msg00005.html I see
"11:13:42 -0800 (=PST)", which is 19:13:42 UTC/GMT and 20:13:42 CET.
It showed up this morning, European time, which is pretty good considering
that in the meantime it was night over here. In fact, when I wrote the
message you answered to, it was probably already updated: I just realized
after having sent the message that I was looking at an old version, cached
in the system. A reload brought up the good news.

> I must therefore conclude that the nominations are being
> added by hand,

Of course they do.
You cannot just automatically post on the web site whatever arrives at a
certain E-Mail address, including potential spam messages or worse.

> and whoever is responsible for that is shirking that responsibility.

Shirking?!?
Sometimes I wish that people could use terms comprehensible to the average
non-native-English reader.
(Unless the purpose is more to create an effect than to be understood)

> It's very important that nominations show up in a timely manner.  They
> aren't.

What if the nominator sends a simple message to the GA, announcing that
he/she has E-Mailed the nomination? Joop did it, for instance.
Sometimes there are such simple solutions!

> Once again, the procedure is broken, and once again, I'm
> going to point
> it out.  This is the nth time I've made noises about bad
> procedure.  How
> much longer do we have to suffer through bad procedure before
> it finally
> sinks in that bad procedure presents a bad image, regardless
> of what is
> actually going on?

Now I understand ;>).
Thank you for stating in plain English that your purpose is "[to make]
noises about bad procedure" "regardless of what is actually going on".

Regards
Roberto