Re: [ga] THIS FRIDAY end the nomination's time...

On 2 December 1999, Jonathan Weinberg <weinberg@mail.msen.com> wrote:

>Mark --
>
>	Nominations are indeed being added by hand.  You submitted yours
>in the evening (local time in France), after the responsible person had
>already gone home, and she added it when she got back into the office in
>the morning.  Chill.
>
>Jon

Funny... MHonArc is an automated system.  Without anything to the
contrary in the nomination procedures or on the related webpages, one can
only assume that it's an automated system.  Particularly when it appears
that the e-mails to ga-nominations are being archived using that product.

I'll "chill" when the procedures are transparent, self-consistent, and
obeyed by everyone they impact.  Until then, no thank you.

Shall we assume that those of us not in the elite club of folks that are
privy to the e-mails as they come in will have no idea who got nominated
or not until well after the close of the nomination period, due to this?

Oh, and are all the watchdog group communications being archived and
posted for the public record?

--
Mark C. Langston
mark@bitshift.org