RE: [ga] THIS FRIDAY end the nomination's time...

Javier,

Let me share your concern and your call for nominations.

You wrote:

> There has been a lot of talk in how to nominate, who, when and where.
> Now is time to do nominations.

I agree.
I am puzzled by the silence on the list, after all the discussions about the
procedures for nominations. I understand that the US folks may still have
Thanksgiving hangover ;>) but the rest of us....

> I call you to do the nominations, even if you want to present
> just a few...
>
> Remenber:
> THIS FRIDAY (3 Dec) ends the nomination's time... so...

As Mark Langston already rightfully pointed out, there are only two
nominees, where I was expecting many more.
In the meantime, I learned the sad news of the declination of nomination by
Nii, on which I may comment separately, and I believe we had another
nomination: Joop nominated Dennis Jennings.
I believe that this GA should be more active, in proposing people, and
moreover in expressing support to one or the other candidate.
To go to an election with less than a handful of candidates, and little
participation in the supporting phase will be the beginning of the end of
the GA, and this will be a shame in the moment that, with the election of a
Chair, we could start getting better organized and count more.

Regards
Roberto