[ga-rules]

Re: [ga-rules] Path of Practical Utility

WXW and all,

  I have thought from the beginning that anyone in a position of authority
that has two divergent interests has a problem with determining which
one he really serves and any one point in time.  Perhaps our Alt-Chair
suffers from this disadvantage....

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello Patrick,
>
> Thursday, July 05, 2001, 11:22:37 PM, Patrick Corliss wrote:
> > The [ga] lists are as follows:
> >     ga
> >     ga-abuse
> >     ga-digest
> >     ga-full
> > Also "announce" and "voters".
>
> Let's get real here.
>
> The ga ga-digest and ga-full lists are ONE list, with different
> delivery instructions only.
>
> ga-abuse is NOT a GA list, it is something you people created for
> yourself, rather than just making ga-abuse@ a ticketing system and
> letting individual moderator(s) deal with complaints as they come in
> on their own initiative.
>
> Don't expect any sympathy there.
>
> So stop trying to make it look like there are more "real lists" then
> there are by manipulating the list in this fashion.
>
> >> Keep them for all I care.  But don't try and force people to use them,
> >> or to force issues off the main list that GA participants decide to
> >> raise there, regardless of your little pet sub lists.
>
> > This rhetoric is not addressing the issues but is a reference to me
> > personally.
>
> No, it is certainly addressing the issues.  The issues are that since
> the sublists were created, you have engaged in a systematic campaign
> to bully and harass those who do not restrict their posts to one of
> your personal pet "sub lists" for that subject.
>
> In my opinion, you have grossly abused your position by doing this,
> and engaged in more personal baseless attacks in so doing than any
> member of the GA ever has.
>
> > As you would like it clarified, I advise that the list monitors current
> > definition of "personal attacks, insult and slander" includes any derogatory
> > references to a person's characteristics and motivations.  That includes
> > taunting and baiting.
>
> Fortunately the list monitors don't seem to agree with you.  Or is it
> that the current rules you and Danny have forced them to operate under
> paralyze them and make them unable to enforce anything but the most
> gross offenses?
>
> I suggest to you that trying to expand the definition of personal
> attack to include anyone who questions the integrity or motives of the
> GA elected officials is a manipulation that should result in your
> resignation.  Those are most certainly relevant questions that are
> NEVER offtopic.
>
> You seem to have a problem properly handling the backlash that your
> actions as Alt-Chair have brought onto you.  Perhaps you should ask
> yourself if you are really sure you should be continuing in this
> position.  I tend to agree with Thomas' evaluation, that your
> resignation is in order.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> DNS Services from $1.65/mo

> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827

This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.