[ga-rules]

Re[2]: [ga-rules] Path of Practical Utility

Hello Patrick,

Thursday, July 05, 2001, 11:22:37 PM, Patrick Corliss wrote:
> The [ga] lists are as follows:
>     ga
>     ga-abuse
>     ga-digest
>     ga-full
> Also "announce" and "voters".

Let's get real here.

The ga ga-digest and ga-full lists are ONE list, with different
delivery instructions only.

ga-abuse is NOT a GA list, it is something you people created for
yourself, rather than just making ga-abuse@ a ticketing system and
letting individual moderator(s) deal with complaints as they come in
on their own initiative.

Don't expect any sympathy there.

So stop trying to make it look like there are more "real lists" then
there are by manipulating the list in this fashion.

>> Keep them for all I care.  But don't try and force people to use them,
>> or to force issues off the main list that GA participants decide to
>> raise there, regardless of your little pet sub lists.

> This rhetoric is not addressing the issues but is a reference to me
> personally.

No, it is certainly addressing the issues.  The issues are that since
the sublists were created, you have engaged in a systematic campaign
to bully and harass those who do not restrict their posts to one of
your personal pet "sub lists" for that subject.

In my opinion, you have grossly abused your position by doing this,
and engaged in more personal baseless attacks in so doing than any
member of the GA ever has.

> As you would like it clarified, I advise that the list monitors current
> definition of "personal attacks, insult and slander" includes any derogatory
> references to a person's characteristics and motivations.  That includes
> taunting and baiting.

Fortunately the list monitors don't seem to agree with you.  Or is it
that the current rules you and Danny have forced them to operate under
paralyze them and make them unable to enforce anything but the most
gross offenses?

I suggest to you that trying to expand the definition of personal
attack to include anyone who questions the integrity or motives of the
GA elected officials is a manipulation that should result in your
resignation.  Those are most certainly relevant questions that are
NEVER offtopic.

You seem to have a problem properly handling the backlash that your
actions as Alt-Chair have brought onto you.  Perhaps you should ask
yourself if you are really sure you should be continuing in this
position.  I tend to agree with Thomas' evaluation, that your
resignation is in order.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>