[ga-rules]

Re: [ga-rules] Daily post limits

William:

Concur with all of what you say.  Someone else here a bit
ago suggested reposting in digest form, which makes a lot
of sense to me.  That stuff helps educate people.  But just
wish there would be some checks to see whether something
has or has not already been reposted.

I subscribe to The Benton Communications Policy Mailing List:
<BENTON-COMPOLICY@CDINET.COM>

where things are done digest style -- not quite as compact as
labelled URL lists, but better than whole articles.  Rather than
having every Tom, Dick and Harry (or Tessa, Donna and Helen)
reposting stuff, maybe the lists should each have a "news
correspondent" that could do the bit for everyone.  (That would
be THAT person's "official" chore -- not counted!)

Bill Lovell

"William X. Walsh" wrote:

> Hello William,
>
> Wednesday, May 30, 2001, 5:41:06 PM, William S. Lovell wrote:
>
> > Question came up in my mind the other day, and that is
> > the daily posting limit and its applicability to chairs and
> > alternate chairs and whoever else has some -- now hold
> > your breath on this one -- actual job to do on behalf of
> > the General Assembly.  Seems to me that any such person
> > who does the job would use up the allotment on "official"
> > stuff and never have the chance to speak out as a person.
> > Wouldn't it be more just to dump that rule for "official
> > types" who need to post official things? Or at least not
> > count the official ones? What's the actual practice here?
>
> The issue is how to define official.
>
> Official posts should relate to actual official business of the GA,
> such as administratia regarding voting, status of motions, list
> monitor actions, etc.  Things relating to the actual business of the
> GA.
>
> Reposting of articles or emails posted elsewhere, etc, are all things
> that all members are free to do, but they count towards their posting
> limits.  The same should apply to the chairs.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh
> mailto:william@userfriendly.com
> Owner, Userfriendly.com
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
>
> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.

         Bill Lovell

http://cerebalaw.com/biog.htm