[ga-rules]

Re: [ga-rules] Daily post limits

Hello William,

Wednesday, May 30, 2001, 5:41:06 PM, William S. Lovell wrote:

> Question came up in my mind the other day, and that is
> the daily posting limit and its applicability to chairs and
> alternate chairs and whoever else has some -- now hold
> your breath on this one -- actual job to do on behalf of
> the General Assembly.  Seems to me that any such person
> who does the job would use up the allotment on "official"
> stuff and never have the chance to speak out as a person.
> Wouldn't it be more just to dump that rule for "official
> types" who need to post official things? Or at least not
> count the official ones? What's the actual practice here?

The issue is how to define official.

Official posts should relate to actual official business of the GA,
such as administratia regarding voting, status of motions, list
monitor actions, etc.  Things relating to the actual business of the
GA.

Reposting of articles or emails posted elsewhere, etc, are all things
that all members are free to do, but they count towards their posting
limits.  The same should apply to the chairs.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh

This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.