[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Re: ICANN Policy -- revised version

Milton, I don't think we are in fundamental disagreement about the
significance of the White Paper.  It came at the end of a
consensus-development process and documented the consensus that was
reached.  That's why I used the word "codified", which I understand to
mean the memorialization of a set of principles that have been settled.

ICANN was established out of this documented consensus, which provides a
source of ICANN's principles on the points it addresses until some
different consensus emerges and is documented.  The overwhelming
consensus documented in the White Paper is that stability should be
ICANN's first priority.  And it is policy, too (As Kent Crispin points
out: "There is no substantive difference.  From my dictionary: Policy --
"Any governing principle, plan, or course of action.").

The same is true of the other points I raise.

Stuart

--