[ga-roots]

[ga-roots] U.S. Chamber of Commerce event in DC on ICANN, domains on 6/22

All,

  From the new Domain Policy list:
FYI,

----------
From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:45:45 -0700
To: politech@politechbot.com
Subject: FC: U.S. Chamber of Commerce event in DC on ICANN, domains on
6/22

*******

From: "Lane, Rick" <RLane@USChamber.com>
To: "'declan@well.com'" <declan@well.com>
Subject: Chamber New TLD Event
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:19:43 -0400
Can you post to your list?

Thanks.

I want to invite you and your colleagues to an event that we are hosting
on June 22nd from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. regarding the rollout of the new
top level domains (.biz, .info, .pro) at the US Chamber (1615 H St.,
NW).  Presentations will be made by the Registries of .biz, .pro, and
.info with a Q& A to follow.

Let me know if you or some one in your office will be able to attend.
Also, if there are any other staffers you think might be interested,
please feel free to forward this message.

Thanks.

Domains: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is turning its attention to the
technical aspects of the Internet and aims to help businesses learn
about legal and regulatory issues emerging from the newly expanded
domain-name system. The chamber plans to host a conference June 22 to
help familiarize businesses with the newly approved top-level domain
names (TLDs) -- .biz, .info and .pro -- with the companies offering them
and with the policies of the
<<http://www.icann.org/>http://www.icann.org/>
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), which
governs the domain-name system. "We want to begin to educate the
business community about what is going on" with new TLDs, said Rick
Lane, the chamber's director of e-commerce and Internet technology.
Representatives from the three new domain registries are scheduled
to deliver presentations at the conference.