[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] ICANN Policy -- revised version

Thomas and all,

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 2001-06-18 21:19:22 -0400, L Gallegos wrote:
>
> >Let me just say that I would prefer to discuss serious issues
> >without the insults and sarcasm attached.  We have not
> >misconfigured anything or pretend anything.
>
> I didn't say you have a misconfigured intranet out there.
>
> I just said that these exist, that they may smell like alternative
> TLDs when you hold your nose close enough to them, and that they
> have to be distinguished somehow from "operational" ones, to use
> your choice of words.  I said this to make the point that not
> everything which quacks like a TLD on some name servers also is one
>  from a certain point of view.

  An operational TLD is one that is or can take registrations and
is resolvable to some extent of another....  I hope that is clear enough?

> I also didn't say you pretend anything.
>
> I just said that I find your kind of argument unsatisfying when used
> by someone who says she doesn't pretend anything.

  Your point?  Or are you saying that Leah is pretending something?
If so, what?  If not than back to, your point is???

> But anyways, maybe you just tell us what your idea of an
> "operational" TLD when you say:
>
> >I speak only for myself here.  However, I certainly would not
> >expect ICANN to adopt every "create on the fly" TLD.  I don't even
> >recall saying that ICANN should have to adopt all TLDs.  I have
> >consistently said that ICANN should, under no circumstances
> >duplicate an existing operational TLD.

  This reference has little to do with what an operational TLD is....
It has everything to do with ICANN approving a TLD that is
already in operation by another previous existing Registry...

> Thanks.
>
> P.S.: It would be nice if you wouldn't send duplicate copies (even
> with a new message-id) of replies to my personal address.
> --
> Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/
> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827